POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 5 Apr 2004 06:45:35
Message: <407138cf$1@news.povray.org>
I think this community is intelligent enough not to tolerate somebody
who crosses the lines several times (anyone heard something about Bill
lately? Well, aside from that april fool, of course *g*). It's just that
  it is tolerated longer than in other communities I know.

I got no problem with the content of IMBJR's posts (but that *is* a
personal opinion). But, as others already pointed out, his attitude is
just plain stupid (again, my personal opinion). IMHO all he wants to is
to create emotions like the one in this thread. I do not think that we
should give him that success.

IMO the best solution is still the good ol' killfile. If this won't work
on your system, simply ignore his posts. Trolls can't live with being
ignored.

> It is because of this I won't be posting anything there anymore.
I think that would be kind of a childish reaction. I do not see how this
would solve the problem. I love your images and - in contrast to IMBJR -
you are a great member of this community. If everybody who is displeased
by IMBJR's post would stop posting, he had reached his goal.

Conclusion: Igonore this troll. He will either get more and more
agressive (and will be baned) or simply die in some lonely corner.

Florian